Here are some simple home remedies that you can do to lighten the skin tone and get a lighter complexion. However, they must be done regularly and best results are obtained if they are inculcated as a part of daily routine.
• Mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice, and ½ tsp of almond oil. Apply on face and wash off after 10-15 minutes.
This pack helps bring shine to the skin and also removes tan.
• Mix oatmeal with curd and tomato juice and apply on the face. Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It helps remove the tan and lightens the skin.
• Place sliced raw potato on the face. It helps reduce blemishes and other marks.
• Applying turmeric powder along with lime juice removes the tan. Lime juice is natural bleach.
• Dried orange peels mixed with curd also help reduce blemishes.
• Soak 4 almonds overnight. Grind into a fine paste using milk. Apply on face and neck and leave it overnight. Wash with cold water in the morning. Wash off this mixture with cold water after 15 minutes. Do this daily for 15 days, followed by twice a week.
• A tbsp of gram fl our mixed with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice works well for lightening dark skin. Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off. Repeat for 4 weeks and follow up with once a week.
• Apply a paste of fresh ground mint leaves and leave it for about 20 minutes. Wash with cold water, continue for 15 days.
• Apply a mixture of grated tomato with 2-3 drops of lime juice on the face. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off. Do this twice a day for 15-20 days for best results.
• Dry orange peels in sun. When they are fully dried, grind them in a mixture and make powder. Add raw milk to it, make a paste and apply it on your skin everyday. Rinse it off with lukewarm water when dries.
• Take sandalwood powder, add lemon juice, tomato juice, cucumber juice to it, make a paste and apply on the skin till it dries to get a brighter, lighter and even skin tone.
• Gram flour has whitening agents to it. Take 2 spoonfuls of gram flour; add a pinch of turmeric to it, few drops of lemon juice and few drops of milk cream. Make it a paste and apply on the skin. When it dries scrub it off.
• Soak almonds in water overnight. Peel them off in the morning. Make a paste and add honey to it. Apply it on
face and scrub it off when dries to make skin whiter and glowing.
• Use a face pack consisting of cucumber juice, lemon juice and some rose water or you can also try a face mask with honey and lemon juice.
• Make a paste using Turmeric with a little raw milk and lemon juice. Apply it on the skin; it will help in removing a tan.
• Another mixture for lightening the skin colour would be buttermilk with a bit of oats in it. The oats has exfoliating capacity and the butter milk is an excellent after skin soother.
• A mixture of lime juice, gram fl our and curd applied on the skin regularly will help you in getting rid of sun tan.
• For bleaching in home the following mixture can be used Facial turmeric powder 1 spoon, honey ½ spoon, few drops of olive oil, curd ½ spoon, table salt ¼ spoon. Mix these items to make a paste and apply on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes. Clean this with a cotton cloth. When you take a bath, wash your face with plain water
and avoid soap. You can use this, once in a week or twice in a month.
• To lighten skin on Elbow and Knee, apply lime juice and leave it for 15 minutes.
• Home made sunscreen lotion: Mix Sesame oil, Olive oil, Almond oil in the ratio 4:1:1 respectively. Apply this on the face and neck. Use mild bathing soap and rinse this with lukewarm water.
• Apply the juice of Tulsi leaves and the juice of orange peel on the skin, and leave it for some time. This will improve your complexion.
• Papaya pulp can be applied on the skin; this will remove whiteheads on skin.